Tel: +48 (22) 3433102
09/2008～present: Postdoc. Researcher in Department of Soft Condensed Matter and Fluids, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Science.
Supervisor: Robert Holyst
Participation in Polish Science Foundation / European Union TEAM grant: From nano to macroscale: motion of proteins, protein charge ladders and nanoparticles in complex liquids and diffusion limited reactions in crowded environment
07/2008: Doctor’s degree in Colloid and Interface Chemistry, Key Laboratory of Colloid and Interface Chemistry (Shandong University), Ministry of Education, P. R. China
Thesis: Interactions between Surfactant and Polymer
Supervisor: Guiying Xu
07/2003: Bachelor’s degree in Applied Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shandong University, P. R. China
Thesis: The Studies on Self-assembly on Silicon Surface
Interactions between surfactants and polymers;
The properties of PEO-PPO-PEO Copolymers in aqueous solutions;
Dispersing Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes by PEO-PPO-PEO Copolymer;
Carbon Nanotubes alignment using lyotropic liquid crystal;
Rapid emulsion breaker for crude oil at lower temperature in oil field;
Active polymers applied in improving recovery ratio.
Some curriculums are majored in including physical chemistry, colloid and interface chemistry, dynamic light scattering (DLS), rheology, sol-gel, biochemistry, et al.
Simple preparation of surfactants; properties of surfactants in aqueous and oil phases; interaction between polymer and surfactant; phase diagram; preparation of nanoparticle using surfactant systems; surface tension, binding isotherm, fluorescence spectra, surface pressure, rheology, TEM, conductivity and viscosity. Some other experimental techniques (FTIR, CD, UV, NMR, SAXS) are also be trained in university.
Graduate Student of
2007 Technical innovation Scholarship of Shandong University
2007 Chenxi Scholarship of Chemistry Department
2005-2007 Excellent Graduate Student Leader of
2003-2004 Excellent Graduate Student Leader of Chemistry Department
2000-2003 Excellent League member of
Excellent Undergraduate Student Leader of Chemistry Department (2 times)
2002-2003 Full Scholarship of
2002-2003 The Third Prize of “May Fourth” Paper of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
1999-2001 The Second Prize Scholarship of
2005-2007 The secretary of the branch of Party
2005-2006 The chairman of graduate union of Chemistry department
2004-2005 The minister of scientific ministry of graduate union of Chemistry department
2001-2003 The secretary of the branch of Chinese Communist Youth League
Good command of spoken and written English. CET6.
1. Xia Xin, Hongguang Li, Stefan A. Wieczorek, Tomasz Szymborski, Ewelina Kalwarczyk, Natalia Ziębacz, Ewa Gorecka, Damian Pociecha, and Robert Holyst, Incorporation of carbon nanotubes into lyotropic liquid crystal by phase separation in the presence of hydrophilic polymer, Langmuir, accepted.
2. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Taotao Zhao, Yanyan Zhu, Xiaofeng Shi, Houjian Gong, Zhiqing Zhang, Dispersing carbon nanotubes in aqueous solutions by a star-like block copolymer, J. Phys. Chem. C, 112(42), 2008, 16377-16384..
3. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Yajing Wang, Hongzhi Mao, Zhiqing Zhang, Interaction between Star-like PEO-PPO-PEO Block Copolymer and Sodium Oleate in Aqueous Solutions, European Polymer Journal, 44, 2008, 3246-3255.
4. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Zhiqing Zhang, Yijian Chen, Fang Wang，Aggregation behavior of star-like PEO–PPO–PEO block copolymer in aqueous solution, European Polymer Journal, 43, 2007, 3106–3111.
5. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Houjian Gong, Yan Bai, Yebang Tan, Interaction between sodium oleate and partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamide: A rheological study, Colloids and surfaces A, 326(1-2), 2008, 1-9.
6. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Dan Wu, Houjian Gong, Hongxing Zhang, Yajing Wang, Effects of sodium halide on the interaction between polyvinylpyrrolidone and sodium oleate: Surface tension and oscillating barrier studies, Colloids and surfaces A, 322(1-3), 2008, 54-60.
7. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Dan Wu, Yiming Li, Xiaorong Cao, The effect of CaCl2 on the interaction between hydrolyzed polyacrylamide and sodium stearate: Rheological property study, Colloids and surfaces A, 305, 2007, 138-144.
8. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Li Xiao, Yan Bai, Shiling Yuan, Manipulation of structure on silicon surfaces via chemical adsorption, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 28(4), 2007, 519-524.
9. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Lingling Ge, Yijian, Chen, Yi Wang, Xiaohong Zhang, Rong Guo, Comparison of the Surface Dilational Properties of Block Copolymers and Sodium Oleate Using the Oscillating Bubble Method, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 31, 2010, 3.
10. Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Xiaodeng Yang, Wenling Dou, Mingqi Ao, Rheological properties of hydrolyzed polyacrylamide/sodium oleate mixed system in the presence of different inorganic salts, in preparation.
11. Stefan A. Wieczorek, Xia Xin, Hongguang Li, Robert Holyst, A method of introducing large amount of carbon nanotubes into the orderd phase of surfactants, Patent in Polish, accepted..
12. Ewelina Kalwarczyk, Marcin Fiałkowski, Xia Xin, Robert Holyst, Patent in Polish, in preparation.
13. Yiming Li, Guiying Xu, Yuxia Luan, Shiling Yuan, Xia Xin, Property prediction on surfactant by quantitativestructure-property pelationship: Krafft point and Cloud point, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 26, 2005, 799-808.
14. Yuxia Luan, Guiying Xu, Xia Xin, Yiming Li, Fang Wang, Adsorption kinetics studies on the double-chain surfactants AOT and NaDEHP, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 26, 2005, 683-687.
15. Fang Wang, Guiying Xu, Zhiqing Zhang, Xia Xin, Morphology control of barium sulfate by PEO-PPO-PEO as crystal growth modifier, Colloids and surfaces A, 259, 2005, 151-154.
16. Fang Wang, Guiying Xu, Zhiqing Zhang, Xia Xin, Synthesis of monodisperse CdS nanospheres in an inverse microemulsion system formed with a dendritic polyether copolymer, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2006, 109–114.
17. Dan Wu, Guiying Xu, Xia Xin, Xiaorong Cao. Interaction between 4-chloro-(2¢-hydroxyl- phenylazo) rhodanine and cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide, Dyes and Pigments, 75(3), 2007, 664-668.
18. Jing Liu, Guiying Xu, Jun Liu, Xia Xin, Yuxia Luan, Properties of foam formed from BSA/Tween-20 mixtures, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 26, 2005, 559-564.
19. Yiming Li, Guiying Xu, Xia Xin, Xiaorong Cao, Dan Wu, Dilational surface viscoelasticity of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and CnTAB at air-water surface, Carbohydrate Polymers, 72, 2008, 211-221.
20. Houjian Gong, Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Yajing Wang，The Dynamic interfacial tension between HPAM/C17H33COONa mixed solution and crude oil in the presence of sodium halide, Colloids and surfaces A, 317, 2008, 522-527.
21. Yan Bai, Guiying Xu, Xia Xin, Hongyuan Sun, Hongxing Zhang, Aiyou Hao, Xiaodeng Yang, Lin Yao, Interaction between cetyltrimethylammonium bromide and β-cyclodextrin: surface tension and interfacial dilational viscoelasticity studies, Colloid and Polymer Science, 286, 2008, 1475-1484.
22. Wenling Dou, Xia Xin, Guiying Xu, Dispersion of carbon nanotubes in by amphiphilic molecules, Acta Phys. –Chim. Sin., 25(2), 2009, 382-388.
23. Yanyan Zhu, Guiying Xu, Xia Xin, Hongxing Zhang, Xiaofeng Shi, Surface Tension and Dilational
Viscoelasticity of Water in the Presence of Surfactants Tyloxapol, Triton X-100
with Cetyl trimethylammonium Bromide at
24. Yan Bai, Guiying Xu, Hongyuan Sun, Aiyou Hao, Hongzhi Mao, Shuli Dong, Xiaofeng Shi, Xia Xin, Mingqi Ao, Jinyu Pang, Xiaodeng Yang, Effect of substituted group of β-cyclodextrin derivatives on the dispersing of carbon nanotubes, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 2010, 31, 1.
25. Guiying Xu, Houjian Gong, Dan Wu, Yanyan Zhu, Xia Xin, Yiming Li, Lushan Wang, Novel flooding system and its preparation method to enhance oil recovery after polymer flooding, patent, Application number: 200810015789.2.
12th National International Conference on Surface and Colloid
Science, 15-19 Oct 2006,
Oral presentation: Surface activity of star-like block polyether in aqueous solutions.
The 8th National Rheology Conference, 15-18 Sep 2006,
3. The Tenth International Conference on Organized
Molecular Films Oct. 5-Oct.10, 2003,
Poster：The Assembly and Characterization of Nanostructure at the Hydrogen-Terminated Silicon
4. The 6th Chinese
5. 2nd Asia Symposium on Colloid & Interface
Chemistry Oct. 28-30, 2007,
Poster: Interaction between Star-like PEO-PPO-PEO Block Copolymer and Sodium Oleate in Aqueous Solutions
6. Scales Eurocore Sons Meeting, 6-8 July 2009,
Oral presentation: Incorporation of carbon nanotubes in lyotropic liquid crystal induced by phase separation
7. 22nd Marian Smoluchowski Symposium on
statistical Physics: Fundamentals and Applications, September 12-17 2009,
Poster: Incorporation of carbon nanotubes in lyotropic liquid crystal induced by phase separation